Last Updated: 2nd April 2021
1 – Introduction
myCAhub™ (also referred to as “myCAhub”) is a software-as-a-service and information website owned and operated by Hoopoe Solutions (Pty) Ltd, a private company duly incorporated in terms of the company laws of South Africa, with registration number 2020/811963/07
Hoopoe Solutions acknowledges the protection of the User’s privacy and respects the legal provisions in force.
Hoopoe Solutions collects Personal Information from the User when You:
• visit Our Site;
• register on Our Site;
• subscribe to Our newsletters;
• place a Subscription;
• input financial information for purposes of processing payment for the Subscription;
• participate in special operations, in particular games, competitions, product tests, customers surveys or market researches;
• contact Hoopoe Solutions, in particular when You submit a request or a complaint or when You rate or review Our Services offered;
• give consent to a third party to send Hoopoe Solutions Personal Information about You.
Hoopoe Solutions considers all information that could identify You directly or indirectly as Personal Information. Hoopoe Solutions may mainly collect the following Personal Information:
• information about your identity, in particular your gender, last name, first names, address, telephone number, email addresses, date of birth or age;
• financial information relating to the payment for Subscriptions;
• educational information relating to a User (such as Reflective Plan information provided by the user in the Reflective Plan Toolkit™);
• SAICA membership number information;
• geolocation of a User;
• information about Our commercial relationship, in particular transaction numbers, history of your purchases, your request or your communications with Hoopoe Solutions or third party, your preferences and interests;
• technical information, in particular your IP address or information about how your device navigates through Our Site.
Personal information may be processed mainly for the following purposes:
• Site administration;
• Customer Relationship Management (CRM) (loyalty program, newsletters, promotions, product testing, surveys, etc.), the processing of which is made subject to your approval;
• Market analysis and timing (profiling on the basis of your purchasing behaviour, preferences and interests, analyses while navigating through the Site, statistics, reporting, etc.). This processing is made subject to your approval;
• When appropriate, for purposes of prevention and fraud detection;
• Managing your request (complaints, right to access, rectify, oppose and removal of Personal Information, etc.);
Hoopoe Solutions will never share your Personal Information with third parties for marketing purposes.
The Personal Information we are collecting about You are intended for Hoopoe Solutions and are likely to be communicated to a Third Party chosen for their expertise and reliability and acting on Our behalf and at Our direction (IT service providers, customer service, delivery, etc.).
Hoopoe Solutions authorises these third parties to use your Personal Information only to the extent necessary to perform services on Our behalf or to comply with legal requirements and we strive to ensure that your Personal Information is always protected.
These third parties will be located in South Africa and if outside the aforementioned territory, such country shall comply with section 72 of POPIA to ensure that the Personal Information is afforded the same level of data protection as in South Africa. In such a case, we will ensure, if We have not already, to either:
• to obtain your unambiguous consent to share your Personal Information with these third parties;
• to enter into appropriate data transfer agreements conforming in full compliance with the Data Protection Laws.
Finally, we may also transmit your Personal Information to local authorities if required by the applicable Data Protection Laws or other legislation or as part of an investigation and in accordance with local regulations and Hoopoe Solutions shall endeavour to inform the User of such request.
6 – How will Hoopoe Solutions protect the information about You?
Hoopoe Solutions endeavours to take the appropriate technical and organisational measures, in relation to the nature of data and risks, to preserve the security and confidentiality of your Personal Information and, in particular, to prevent it from being deformed, damaged or transmitted to any unauthorized parties.
This may include practices such as retaining your Personal Information on a secure server protected by a firewall, the transmission of special information using a secure encryption protocol (Protocol SSL), internal reviews of our practices and privacy policies and implementation of physical security measures to protect against unauthorized access.
7 – What is the policy about minors?
This Site is not aimed at minors.
Hoopoe Solutions does not knowingly collect nor process Personal Information from persons under the age of 18.
As soon as we acquire knowledge of the collection of Personal Information from any minors without prior authorisation from that minor’s parent or legal guardian, we will take appropriate measures to delete all such Personal Information from our servers, alternatively request the consent of the minor’s parent or legal guardian.
8 – What is the cookies policy of Hoopoe Solutions?
9 – For how long is your Personal Information kept?
• Your data will be kept for five years from the date of collection or after the last contact or the end of the commercial relationship, unless opposed by the User. At the end of this five-year period, we may make contact with You again in order to find out whether or not You wish to continue to receive marketing. If no clear positive answer is given by the User, your data will be deleted or archived in accordance with Data Protection Laws;
• Data to prove a right or a contract or if kept under compliance with a legal obligation can be archived in accordance with the provisions in force.
10 – What are your rights regarding your Personal Information and how to contact us?
If You consent and provide Hoopoe Solutions with your email address, phone number or mailing address, You may receive emails, calls or periodic messages from Hoopoe Solutions about our Services, services or upcoming events. You can unsubscribe at any time from our mailing lists by contacting Hoopoe Solutions at the address below or by following the link “unsubscribe” contained in each of our emails. You can also change your preferences at any time in your Account.
In accordance with the provisions in force, You have the right to access, rectify, limit, oppose and delete Personal Information about You. You can also withdraw your consent at any time.
You will be informed of the actions to be taken as soon as possible and in any case no later than one month after your request. However, we reserve the right not to respond to manifestly unfounded or excessive requests.
In accordance with the provisions in force, You can also file a complaint with the Information Regulator at email: [email protected] or lodge an appeal if your Personal Information is misused.